Thursday nights are the ideal time to get involved in the wider life of the CU. There are so many ways to get stuck in:
Set up and welcome
If you’re free around 7pm we would love a hand with the set-up of the chairs and equipment before we move to welcome people as they come in. We really hope to make CU an open and friendly place for everyone who comes along.
If you’re in any way musically talented and can sing or play anything from the violin to the clarinet or piano we’d love for you to join our praise group. It’s very relaxed but always great fun! For more info talk to our Music Co ordinator, Young Chae Soon.
Evangelism is a huge part of what we do as a CU. We are called to go into the world with the gospel, and this means all of us! Our main outreach during the year is Events Week but we also aim to incorporate it on a more regular basis. This requires your help! Keep an eye out for upcoming outreach events and if anyone has any ideas about doing evangelism on campus or wants to get involved please get in touch.
This is such a simple but crucial way to be involved in the life of CU. Prayer should be the foundation of everything do as a body of believers. Whether it means coming to the weekly prayer meeting or praying for us as an individual we really appreciate your support so thank you!
- Thank God for His blessings over the last year at CU and for His faithfulness in all we did.
- Thank God for the work of CUI and for the encouragement of the staff and relay workers to all the students in the CU.
- Pray for all the students involved in TCDCU, that they would be encouraged and be ready and willing to share God’s love on campus with friends and classmates.
- Pray that TCDCU would be a welcoming place for all and that students would want to become involved in our community, using their talents and time to glorify God.
- Pray for wisdom and unity for this year’s committee as they plan the year ahead.
Anybody new (or not so new!) who would like a ‘CU sibling’ will be put in contact with an older CU member or two. They’ll be on hand as you settle in over the first few weeks of term, from moving in, going to your first CU and getting sorted with a Small Group. We want to create a real community and fellowship within CU where everyone can feel at home. It’s a really simple idea which allows you to get answers to all your uni related questions and maybe even a coffee or two!
If you like to be involved with this let us know!